Urban & Environmental Management (UEM) is seeking an experienced civil engineer to join our diverse team of professionals to lead and manage municipal civil engineering projects. We are looking for a motivated leader who wants to continue their career in a workplace of opportunity and encouragement. UEM provides the work-life balance necessary for professional growth and career development in the consulting engineering industry.
We have an established client base and offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits, ownership opportunities, flexible work week schedule (including 4-day work week), and other benefits.
- Leadership role in delivering engineering projects
- Working within our engineering group as a senior team member, manage engineering staff and other technical staff
- Contribution to business development activities including client contact, model and service development; including participation in preparing proposals and presentations
- Direction, supervision, mentoring younger technical staff.
- Manage and deliver preliminary and detail engineering design projects
- Manage Environment Assessments for roadway and municipal infrastructure projects and completion of environmental study reports and project file reports
- Development and delivery of public and community consultation
- Management & oversight of preparation of drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D (familiarity/proficiency is considered an asset)
- Construction Administration and observance duties
- Preparation, review, and interpretation of engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Graduate from an accredited, relevant university engineering program
- 10 or more years of experience, preferably in the consulting engineering field, minimum 5 years in Canada.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario in good standing with PEO.
- Experience in design and coordination of roadway and underground municipal infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- 37.5-hour work week with flexible work-week schedule
- Four weeks vacation
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan
- Ownership opportunities
- Payment of professional dues
WHY CHOOSE UEM:
UEM is an employee-owned consulting firm established in 2001, located in Niagara Falls. Our multi-disciplined team of professionals offers a range of professional planning, engineering, and project management services to both public and private sector clients.
What sets UEM apart from our competitors is our ability to complement traditional planning and engineering services with innovative expertise in specialized service areas. We bring new ideas to projects, leading our clients to the next level of excellence.
We have a diverse team of professionals who have earned outstanding reputations in their respective industries. We believe in working alongside our clients to ensure a thorough understanding of projects and associated challenges so that we can provide the best possible solutions. Regardless of the project location, budget, or the size of the client, we bring the same level of commitment to each and every project.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this career opportunity is of interest to you, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Eric D’Uva P.Eng, PMP